Pregnancy is the most beautiful time in a woman’s life. Feeling your baby kicking can be the most exhilarating experience for you as a mother. Do you want to know what you baby is doing in your womb? This is a list of things your baby might be up to in the womb, put together by doctors.
1) Your baby starts their first movements at about the ninth gestational week. Although you might not feel these movements at that time, it can be seen in an ultrasound.
2) Mothers mostly begin to feel the fetal movement between the 16th and the 20th gestational week. During this time, mothers can feel the baby stretch, twist, and kick. In fact, around the 25th week, the baby would be able to expand their lungs.
3) After the 16th week, your baby can move 50 times or more every hour. The movement decreases after the 29th week. After that, the baby might move ten times an hour. During this time the baby starts moving his/her head, face and the body. The baby may also try to touch the face and might reach for the umbilical cord.
4) When you reach the 20th week of gestation, the baby might develop certain gestures and habits that would stay on in the postnatal years. During this time the baby stays active during the day just after the mother has had breakfast. The mother might feel a lot of kicks while they sit or lie down.
5) Sometimes you might not feel any movement in your womb. That’s because your baby is taking a nap at that time. After the 32nd week, your baby sleeps 90-95% of the day and doctors believe that fetuses can dream during this time. You baby begins to recognise your voice in the womb.
6) At around the 36th gestational week, the sleep cycle of your baby would transition between deep and light sleep. This lasts about 70-90 minutes. As the baby is close to being born, the baby sleeps about 85-90% of the times, which is the same after they are born.
7) In the case of the second or the third pregnancy, the baby has more room in the womb and has a longer umbilical cord.
Now you know how your baby moves and spends time inside of your womb. So, just enjoy this beautiful experience. Consult a doctor from www.tiyo.in and visit a doctor. Your baby is your future, give them the best.